Monday, February 15, 2010

Re-alignment



"The atoms that make up your body were once forged inside stars, and the causes of even the smallest event are virtually infinite and connected with the whole in incomprehensible ways."
— Tolle, A New Earth, p. 197



Still February 28
Easton, MD

Looking this week at a beautiful book of Gustave Baumann’s prints.

Looking at photos of him and his studio and his work I feel wistful that I never pursued the printmaker’s life. I abandoned art because it abandoned me, or maybe I just abandoned it because there were too many obstacles and too much discouragement. I’ve never been great with discouragement or obstacles, or jealous people. I get dissuaded far too easily. Or maybe I didn’t really want it. Maybe this longing for art school that bugged me for a long time was just a fantasy and not a real desire.

But looking at Baumann’s art and his studio I also feel grateful that I have abandoned the internet this year in search of a more authentic daily existence in which I used to tread, along with a whole lot of other people.

I could re-align my life with some of my old goals.

Writing this book is certainly tapping the creativity in a way that hasn’t happened in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment